- Ecosia is just like any other search engine, with one major difference: at least 80% of the profits generated from search ad revenue are used to plant trees around the world.
- In 2019, 8.5 million people switched to Ecosia to take action against the climate crisis. This growth isn’t making Ecosia rich. Instead, it allows them to plant more trees, build more solar plants, and improve their search experience by adding innovative green features.
- Ecosia plants trees where they are needed the most. Trees benefit people, the environment and local economies. It takes roughly 45 searches for Ecosia to plant a tree.
- Ecosia is completely transparent. They publish monthly financial reports so you see exactly where the income from your searches goes.
- Ecosia is more than CO2 neutral. Their servers run on 100% renewable energy, and every search request removes 1 kg of CO2 from the atmosphere.
- Ecosia is privacy friendly. They don't sell your data to advertisers, have no 3rd party trackers, and anonymize all searches within one week.
Want to learn more about Ecosia?
- To set Ecosia as the homepage in your browser, go to the Frequently Asked Questions on the Ecosia website and search for: How do I set Ecosia as my homepage in my browser?