- Ecosia is just like any other search engine, with one major difference: at least 80% of its advertising profits are used to plant trees around the world.
- In 2020, millions of people switched to Ecosia to take action against the climate crisis. This growth isn’t making Ecosia rich. Instead, it allows them to plant more trees, build more solar plants, and improve their search experience by adding innovative green features.
- Ecosia plants trees where they are needed the most. Trees benefit people, the environment and local economies. It takes roughly 45 searches for Ecosia to plant a tree.
- Ecosia has planted more than 129,000,000 (million) trees in 25 countries.
- Ecosia is completely transparent. They publish monthly financial reports so you see exactly how income from your searches is spent.
- Ecosia is more than CO2 neutral. It produces twice as much electricity as is required for all Ecosia searches using renewable energy. Ecosia servers run on 100% renewable energy.
- Ecosia is privacy-friendly. They don't sell your data to advertisers, have no 3rd party trackers, and anonymize all searches within one week.
Want to learn more about Ecosia?
- To set Ecosia as the homepage in your browser, go to the Frequently Asked Questions on the Ecosia website and search for: How do I set Ecosia as my homepage in my browser?